Avoid Making an Unhealthy Salad

July 12, 2017 | posted in: Fitness Articles - Monthly, Nutrition | by

When you think of healthy food, what is one of the first things that comes to mind? Survey says: 1. Vegetables, 2. Fruit, 3. Salad. Needless to say, a combination of fruit/vegetables makes up a salad. So it’s automatically healthy, RIGHT?! Unfortunately, if you take a look at the standard salad bar, you will see..

read more →

Can your diet effect your mood?

November 10, 2016 | posted in: Fitness Tip of the Week, Nutrition | by

According to an article in Women’s Health magazine this month, it can! “A fresh crop of research from the University of Warwick in England found that people’s happiness levels increased with each serving of fruit and vegetables they ate per day, and the boost didn’t stop until their eighth serving. If you can’t with another carrot, try..

read more →

Are you getting enough fiber?

February 27, 2013 | posted in: Fitness Tip of the Week, Nutrition | by

Another reminder that February is American Heart Month! One very important way to keep your heart healthy is by getting enough fiber in your diet. Fiber is important for keeping us regular and keeping our GI tract in check. It also helps us feel more full after meals and effects metabolism. If you’ve ever been..

read more →

22 Hydrating Foods

July 5, 2012 | posted in: Fitness Tip of the Week, Nutrition | by

Water is extremely important in our diet, and our survival for that matter. To understand the amazing benefits of water, see the post Water, H2O, Agua.  During the hot summer months, especially in humid climates, it is mandatory to increase our water intake. However, only about 80% of our water intake comes from drinking. The other 20%..

read more →